This post originally appeared in Digipro Computer Consultants on August 31, 2015.
Cypriot students face the complexity and diversity of a world that needs flexible, creative and innovative minds. As “Excellence” is the standard for global professional competitiveness, new ways of designing and delivering curricula are required.
How can Cyprus continue to compete and survive in a global economy if the entering workforce is made up of high school graduates who lack the new skills they need, and of university graduates who are mostly “adequate” rather than “excellent”? Cypriot schools need to re-imagine learning, and offer students authentic interesting and relevant experiences required by the 21st century workplaces. This workshop will be a valuable guide for schools as they envision, plan, implement, evaluate and expand 21st century learning practices. It will enable school leaders to depart from the factory-model education of the past and abandon textbook-driven, teacher-centered, paper and pencil schooling.
- To comprehend how ubiquitous access to technology make possible for contemporary teaching and learning and the compelling case for change.
- Understand how best to lead the inevitable shift of transforming schools with ICT through the 5 change phases.
- Promote the usage of new web-based comprehensive instruction practices that successfully to infuse technology into the 21st century school curricula.
- Re-define of the role of the teacher who has to make room for other types of learning (e.g. self learning, peer learning, curiosity driven learning, experiential learning that lead students to the learning to learn paradigm.
- Learn how to implement comprehensive approaches in context–based learning, inquiry-based techniques and innovative student centric pedagogical practices with ICT.
- U Learn Private Center
- Global School
- Go Education Private Institute
- The American International School in Cyprus
- American Academy Nicosia
- Istohoros Private Institute
- Casa College
- English Learning Center
- Olympion School
- Nareg Armenian School
- A.MYLONAS PRIVATE INSTITUTE
DEPLOYING ONE TO ONE COMPUTING LEARNING FRAMEWORK FALL 2015