FUNecole® founder Ms. Chryso Christodoulou presented FUNecole® for Cambridge ICT Starters Initial Steps curriculum at the International Exhibition Forum for Education IEFE that took place in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia February 19th 2013.
Presentation objectives covered:
- How the development of innovative ICT-based content services and pedagogies enable lifelong learning.
- New forms of learning that extent beyond teaching basic ICT skills and cultivate the thinking processes thus
powerfully leading their students to the “Learning to Learn” paradigm.
- Tangible evaluation results of student participation when the teaching practices go beyond the school or class
situations and become relevant to situations in the everyday life of the students and their families.
- How an attractive, collaborative and creative Learning Environments can meet the needs of the various target
groups and promote active citizenship that cultivates social cooperation and cohesion.
- Case studies and stimulating activities that inspire students to think, discover, argue and manage their personal
learning and self-development, offer real, rich and relevant learning experiences and motivate them to strive
- Present FUNecole® original design approach that revolves around the entrepreneurial education concept that
fosters the development Information Communication Technology (ICT) skills and facilitates a 6-year extension
of thinking processes from knowledge acquisition, comprehension and application to knowledge analysis,
synthesis, evaluation and sharing.
Chryso Christodoulou is the co-founder of Digipro® Computer Consultants and the founder of FUNecole® Research Institute. Ms. Christodoulou leads the Research and Development Department of the FUNecole® Research Institute and coordinates European funded projects that include participants from various Ministries of Education, EU Universities, Pedagogical Institutes and Private Schools.
For over 22 years, Ms. Christodoulou has been working out of Digipro as an Information Technology Educational Consultant, researcher and trainer. Her academic background is in Computer Science and Education. Ms Christodoulou is the designer and developer of the FUNecole® Creative Learning Environment. FUNecole® was recognized by the European . Commission and DG in Education as the number 1 Best Educational Practice in Innovation and Creativity in all 27 EU countries. Ms. Christodoulou is the author and editor of 40 educational books namely, the FUNecole® Step-by-Step educational books. The FUNecole® books are translated into 5 languages and are used by numerous public and private academic institutions across several EU
countries. FUNecole® is endorsed by University of Cambridge International examinations for supporting the Cambridge
ICT Starters examinations.
In 2010, the European Commission appointed Ms. Christodoulou as an external educational expert and evaluator for the Institute of Prospective Technological Studies IPTS on various educational Research projects. Ms. Christodoulou is one of 350 European Ambassadors of entrepreneurship. She is a program committee member for the IEEE Computer society organisation for world famous conferences and workshops.
Official website IEFE: http://www.iefe.sa/en/visitors/forum/keynote-speakers